Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Triple {Art} Cards

Today I wanted to share an update with you. I have shared this tip with you before but I am doing something a bit different now. To see my original post from 2013 and the paper I use to print my art, click here.

In that original post, I mentioned that I wanted to scan my art but it was a low priority. Now I scan my art while I am working on a project. Sometimes it means scanning the art before I put a title or scripture on it so that I just have the background, and sometimes it means scanning after the art is complete. I also no longer just create 3x4 cards. I also use the scraps and adhere them to the Project Life grid journaling cards. They come in 4x6, 3x4, and 4x4 sizes. This allows me to make more cards and have a bit of variety. Here are a few of my recent 3x4 cards. 



The only issue I have found with doing this is that the printer does not always print true colors. In the photo above, you can see the cards on the bottom left printed red when really it was pink. The orange and other colors also did not print correctly. Here is the original art: 

That can be a bit frustrating as I really wanted the pink to print not red but I just deal with it. But the good news is that this does not always happen. For instance, the very first photo printed true colors. I just wanted you to be aware so that when you print your art, you might also see this happen. Other than that, I really love scanning my art and having to use over again on other creations. I hope you will give it a try. Thanks for joining me today!

Product List (click product tags for more information)  

View blog post for supplies

1 comment:

Dana Weaver Moore said...

Patter this is a great idea - I should have thought of this. Thank you! As Always, I enjoy everything you do and I am also in BSF, in Greensboro, NC.

Related Posts with Thumbnails