Sunday, February 8, 2015

Glory Art {Tips} Step-By-Step Art Journaling Page

Today I thought I would share my process for creating today's art journaling page. I love this video by Andrea Walford. Click here to see her video. I started my background just as she shows in her video. From that point, however, I take it my own way but I did use a tag too like she does. Let's get started. 

The Journal
I am using a Ranger Dyan Reaveley's Dylusions Creative Journal (link at the bottom of this post). I love this journal. I have both sizes that I use but for this particular page, I used the 11 3/8" x 8 1/4" journal. I also kept track of supplies and the step-by-step process on the opposite page. I have never done that before but I think I will like it. Because of things going on in our lives right now, I did this page over the course of many days. Writing things down as I did them, really helped.

Let's Create

Note: All supplies I have used are listed at the bottom of this post.

1. Put rub-ons on your page. No need to prep the page in anyway. Just put those rub-ons down.
2. Cover the rub-ons with matte medium.
3. Use your fingers to spread three colors of acrylic paint.
4. Put down some torn book paper in various places. Use matte medium or a glue stick.
5. Use black, waterproof ink to stamp around the page.
6. Put some white gesso on a large paintbrush, dip in water, and whitewash the entire page.
7. Once that is dry, use your fingers to smear white gesso around the edges and on various places on the page.

Here is how the page looks after Step 7:

8. Using a flower stamp or any other large image, stamp the image using acrylic paint onto book paper. Let dry then cut out.
9. Glue flowers to the page and doodle around them using a waterproof pen.
10. Dip a piece of bubble wrap into white gesso and stamp it around the page and on a tag. Let dry.
11. Sew around the edges of the tag and add journaling/scriptures. Add ribbon and glue to page.
12. Using black india ink, put splatters on the page. You can also use watered down black acrylic paint or black gesso.
13. Stamp the word 'truth' using black acrylic paint.
14. Use white correction pen to add details to the flowers.
15. Use a lid and white gesso to stamp white circles on the page.
16. Use white correction pen to add scribbles to the page.
17. Stamp date to finish.

Here is how my page turned out. For more detailed photos, please click here or go to the post just above this one.



Thanks for joining me, and I hope this has helped you in creating your own page. To see all of the previous art tips, please see this post here. Have fun with it, and don't be afraid to watch art journaling videos for inspiration. Blessings,

Product List (click product tags for more info)

View blog post for supplies

2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Art By Wanda said...

This is a really wonderful page!!! Thank you for the step-by-step directions!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails