Tuesday, February 3, 2015

A New Layout and Sketch with Blue Fern Studios

Can you believe it is already February? Gracious the year is already flying by! Well, with a new month comes a new sketch challenge from Blue Fern Studios. I hope you will join us in the fun because there is an opportunity for you to win some Blue Fern Studios goodies! So, let's look at the sketch and my creation using the new Love Story Collection and stamps.

The Sketch
The sketch this month is another awesome design by Michele Singh. To see all of the details of the challenge, creations by the design team, and to enter, please see this post here. I hope you will join in the fun!

My Layout
I used the new Love Story papers and stamps for my layout along with some of the new chipboard pieces from Blue Fern Studios. I chose to use three small pictures on my 8 1/2 x 11 layout instead of just one photo. This is one of my girls in her first horseback riding competition. She just did it for fun but walked away with three ribbons. She was so surprised and excited!
I used the new Love Story Stamp Set 2 to stamps the word 'love' in white ink and then embossed it. To color the chipboard pieces (Mesh Bits, Fabulous, and Broken Rings), I first painted each piece with watercolors and then embossed them with UTEE.


Papers: Blue Fern Studios Love Story Concerto, Sweet Song, Amazing Heart, and Twenty-One
Stamps: Blue Fern Studios Love Story Stamp 2, Heidi Swapp Date Stamp 
Stamp Ink: ColorBox frost white, Hero Arts India ink black 
Blue Fern Studios chipboard: Mesh Bits, Fabulous, and Broken Rings (painted with watercolors and embossed with UTEE) 
Embellishments: Maya Road vintage key,Petaloo burgundy flowering vines, Wild Orchid Crafts flowers, misc. enamel dots colors with Copic R59 and V99, May Arts black twine, sewing machine

To find a store near you or online that carries Blue Fern Studios, please click here. Thanks for stopping by, and I can't wait to see your entries for this sketch challenge. Blessings,

1 comment:

D's Paper Studio said...

This is a beautiful layout! Several details inspired me to try it especially the watercolor then emboss....cool look. This is one of my favorites.

Related Posts with Thumbnails